Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 22, 2015

Cyber Freaks
I am so addicted to my phone, 
I wouldn't dare leave it at home 

Without it at each and every junction, 
My brain would definitely not function 

I forgot some information that I need, 
No worries, Siri delivers in record speed 

I know what I am, I am a cyber freak, 
Or would you call me a computer geek? 

Social media, computers and technology 
Have emptied us all of human camaraderie 

I had rather email, text and tweet 
Than to a real person's face have to speak 

Relationships, I don't need in my life 
Too much drama and too much strife. 

Why would I want to even try 
When I can stalk, snoop and spy 

Just read the post of family and friends 
Every part of their life they will dispense 

Sitting in a crowded waiting room 
It feels like there is only doom 

There is no socializing or endless chatter 
About the things that really matter 

The weather, sports and the evening news 
We are all alone with our own selfish blues 

Our many forms of communication today 
feels so impersonal in each and every way 

Is it just me or the whole human race 
That is caught up in this cyber chase 

Request your friends to help build a farm 
Ask them to send a gift and save the barn 


Farmville, Words of Wonder, and Candy Crush 
It is amazing how these games give us such a rush 

Working feverishly to beat last night's score 
To start all over, play again, win the war. 


Why is this important to us you say 
Hash tag, lol , I un-friended you today 

Profile pictures taken in the mirror 
Is that a good picture or is it a terror 

Please,save that to put on instagram 
I guess it's safe to call us all picture hams 

Recording our memories of family and friends 
It's how we roll, in this new cyber trend. 













No comments:

Post a Comment