Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 19, 2015

Quiet Time with God

    And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong. 2nd Corinthians 12:9 KJV

    No matter what you are facing today, if you turn it over to God and rely on His strength and not your own, He will help you carry the load. In fact, He will carry the entire load for you. If it is sickness, financial situations, depression or a broken heart. Nothing is impossible with God. He cares for you so much that He sent His one and only son to die for you.

   I think of my own son and it is unthinkable that I would willingly give him up to die at all, much less to die for something that he did not do. And yet, that is exactly what God did for us. We hear this phrase, "He loves us so much that He gave His only son," that it becomes a cliche'. We loose the meaning of the words. God cares for me and He cares for you.

    One of my favorite verses is" Foot prints in the Sand". I love the line that reads;
   "God, in the darkest times of my life, I look back and there is only one set of footprints in the sand.Why in the darkest times of my life would you leave me?" God replies, "My precious child, I would never leave you, during your darkest times, it was then that I carried you." To me that is so beautiful to know that in our darkest times He will carry us.

    Maybe you feel that you are bound by your circumstances today, you don't have to be. Take some time to enter into His rest and comfort. Get in a quiet place and seek Him through prayer and by reading His Word. Pray and then sit back and be quiet before the Lord, so that He can speak to your heart.

    We are a busy society. Everything is rush, rush, rush. Slow down, take some time to be quiet before the Lord. In His Holy word, the Bible, he says in Matthew 11: 28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 2Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

    Bring all your burdens to Him and be amazed at what He can do for you, that you, in your own strength could never do for yourself. We serve an awesome God who wants to know us personally and wants us to fully trust Him. Today is the best day to let go of the baggage, to release it and to be restored.

No comments:

Post a Comment